- News in Britain: Stamps have gone up 14 pence.
- News in America: Cannibal eats man's face.
- Britain: What?
- News in America: Man throws his own intestines at police.
- News in Canada: Body parts mailed to government.
- News in America: Women kills and eats 3 week old son.
- Britain: Erm.
- News in Britain: Our butterfly population is still declining.
Anonymous wrote me this message this morning. It is reprinted with permission:
I’m writing to you as someone who knows a victim of the Aurora shooting who is fighting for her life right now. My co-worker’s friend, [P], was was shot three times in the arm and once in the head. She is currently undergoing emergency brain surgery to remove a pellet that passed through her nose and is now lodged in her skull. Her condition is critical and she will likely suffer major brain damage.
That being said, I need to say that *everyone* from that theater last night is a victim. Not just the dead, not just the wounded. When you are present in a terrorist situation like what transpired last night, your life never gets to be the same again. The surviving theater attendants and employees will have suffered such serious emotional trauma, and I genuinely hope that the internet remains supportive to the Aurora community beyond this 48-hour news cycle. The phrases “PTSD” and “paying for funerals” and “lifelong therapy” keep circling through my mind. I don’t think I can communicate any more coherently than that right now.
Also, please keep sending your thoughts, prayers, good vibes, friendship magic and whatever else.